Sector committee responsibilities
- Undertake planning specific to their sector and provide oversight of the implementation policy in their sector. All this to be consistent with the overall direction of the union.
- Provide advice to the executive board
o on strategic and policy issues o on industrial activities within sector.
- Share information of common interest to members in the sector.
- Coordinate selection of sector delegates to congress.
- Provide reports and communicate with members in the sector.
- Work with sector rūnanga.
- Select a convenor, who will both chair the meetings of the committee and represent the sector on the executive board.
- Consider any issue or resolution proposed by members from any enterprise within the sector
- Propose remits to national and special delegates’ congresses.